My car isn’t taxed. Can I still transfer a number plate to it?

car not taxed transfer number plate


Can I transfer a private number plate to my car if tax has expired?

No. A car must be taxed to transfer a private number plate to it.

If your vehicle is not taxed, we can apply for tax at the same time as transfering your personalised number plate to it - do both things together.

You will need to send us a completed DVLA V10 road tax application form, with a cheque for the appropriate tax. And your Insurance Certificate. Full instructions are on the V10 form.

Item Type: 
100% Money Back Guarantee on private number plates
Great customer Service
The Plate Market reviews
Secure shopping with SagePay